The Music Center's Spotlight
Spotlight Program Overview
With Spotlight Director Jeri Gaile
Southern California High School students of ALL skill levels are encouraged to apply for FREE. Much more than a competition, Spotlight is a scholarship and arts training program, which empowers students by emphasizing preparation, courage, critical thinking and perseverance while providing an invaluable opportunity for students to hone their skills! $100,000 in cash scholarships are awarded each year to students. Personalized feedback, master classes with world renowned artists, performing arts workshops and more!
Categories: acting, ballet, classical instrumental, classical voice, jazz instrumental, non-classical dance, non-classical voice
- Preliminary 1 (First Round) auditions will be online video submissions
- Preliminary 2 and Semifinal rounds will be live auditions
- Spotlight Semifinalists and Honorable Mentions from the previous year will automatically bypass Preliminary 1 and advance to Preliminary 2 auditions
- See Category Rules
Why you should apply
Whether or not you pursue a career onstage, offstage or something outside of the arts, Spotlight can help you explore your professional goals and increase your confidence. Participating in Spotlight can help you gain self-esteem and build confidence by challenging yourself to step out of your comfort zone and shine a light on who you truly are. Our alumni are dancing with the world’s best dance companies, performing with top orchestras, jamming in the leading jazz clubs, singing in the leading opera houses, and starring on Broadway. In addition, they are top executives behind the scenes in arts schools, institutions and businesses.
By applying to Spotlight you are eligible for:
- Participation in The Spotlight Academy
- Written feedback from our distinguished panel of judges
- Master class with world-renowned artist or artistic director
- Live audition experience and coaching
- Grand Prize Finalist performance at The Music Center's Walt Disney Concert Hall
- College and career preparation
- Cash awards up to $5,000
- Student and school achievement recognition
- News and social media coverage possibilities
Questions about the application? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spotlight 2018 Grand Prize Finalists with Fredric M. Roberts, Spotlight Founding Chairman; Rachel S. Moore, President and CEO, The Music Center; and Jeri Gaile, Director, Spotlight, The Music Center