Applying to Spotlight is easy, but first make sure you are eligible to participate:
- You must be a Southern California high school student who attends a public, private, online or home school. Your home base must be in one of these counties: Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Kern, San Diego, Riverside or San Bernardino.
- You must be an enrolled high school student as of December 31, 2022. You may not be enrolled as a full-time college student.
- Dance and Ballet students need to check the category rules page for residency exceptions
- You may apply to one or more of these categories: Acting, Ballet, Dance (formerly known as Non-Classical Dance), Classical Voice, Non-Classical Voice, Classical Instrumental or Jazz Instrumental
- Previous grand prize finalists are not eligible
- Previous participants, Merit, Semifinalists and Honorable Mention awardees are eligible
- You may apply to more than one category; however, you will only be allowed to advance to the finals in one category, which will be determined by the category in which you advance to the finals first.
- You must participate in Semifinal auditions, final rehearsals, final performance filming and the live performance if you become a Grand Prize Finalist.
- All judges decisions are final.
- You must complete the online application by the extended deadline on October 21, 2022. Get your applications in early so you don't miss out!
- Prepare and upload your audition video (recorded November 2021 - October 2022). Don't get nervous, we are going to make this super easy. If you get stuck along the way, just email us at email@example.com
Connect With Us
The free, year-long Spotlight program is made possible by the generosity of our donors. Learn more about all the ways you can support the Spotlight program.
Select an Amount
Donate Now Other Ways To Give
Please Enter An Amount