BOX OFFICE INFORMATION
Address: 135 N. Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone: (213) 628-2772
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Saturday: Noon-8:00 p.m
Sunday: 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Closed on Mondays
The Ahmanson Theatre opened in 1967, three years after the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, with a state-of-the-art configuration to provide variable seating capacity and accommodating a diverse selection of performances, from the intimate to the spectacular.
The countless productions by Center Theatre Group have included Hollywood giants such as Katharine Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Charlton Heston, among many others. It has been the host of theatrical world premieres, award-winning shows and the ideal stage for musicals and direct-from-Broadway productions.
The Ahmanson Theatre’s proscenium was recently renovated with state-of-the-art staging and sound equipment.
HOW TO GET TO THE AHMANSON THEATRE
(CENTER THEATRE GROUP)
- For Will Call, take the stairs, elevator or escalator to the plaza level. Proceed to the Hope Street side of The Music Center campus and follow wayfinding ushers’ instructions throughout the garage and along the construction fence to the theatre entrance.
- For ticketed guests: You have two options:
- Take the stairs, elevator or escalator to the plaza level. Proceed to the Hope Street side of the campus. Follow wayfinding ushers’ instructions throughout the garage and along the construction fence to theatre entrance; OR
- Take the stairs, elevator or escalator to the Grand Avenue (ground) level. Proceed NORTH on Grand Avenue toward Temple Street. Follow wayfinding ushers’ instructions throughout the garage and to the ground level theatre entrance where you will present your ticket for scanning.
- From Valet Parking, proceed north along the Hope Street side of the campus. Follow wayfinding ushers’ instructions along the construction fence to the box office and/or theatre entrance.
Pedestrian Access Routes
- Take the stairs at First Street and Grand Avenue. or Temple Street and Grand Avenue to the plaza level. Follow wayfinding ushers’ instructions to the box offices and/or to the theater theatre entrances.
- The elevator access to the plaza venues is on Grand Avenue.
- Ahmanson guests with tickets in hand may enter on the ground level on Grand Avenue, closer to Temple Street. Wayfinding ushers will guide you to the theatre entrance.
- Hope Street access to all theaters on the Music Center campus is unhindered. Follow directional signage on the construction fence and/or wayfinding ushers’ instructions to theatres or box offices.