As Los Angeles’ largest multicultural holiday celebration, the 59th annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration, presented by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, provides Angelenos of all ages an opportunity to come together during the holidays to experience and honor the dynamic, rich cultures of the County. During the free event, many diverse L.A. - based artists and community groups showcase their talent, artistry and traditions on The Music Center’s iconic Dorothy Chandler Pavilion stage. Founded in 1959 by the late Kenneth Hahn, supervisor of the Second District of Los Angeles County for 40 years (from 1952-1992) and an advocate for access to the arts, the free three-hour live production features instrumental music, choral music and dance performances. The show is broadcast live in Southern California on PBS SoCal (KOCE), live streamed on pbssocal.org and presented live at The Music Center.
Applications are OPEN NOW
Qualified community and professional choirs, music ensembles and dance companies based in Los Angeles County may apply for an opportunity to perform at the 2018 Holiday Celebration.
- Be based in Los Angeles County and able to provide proof if requested;
- Fit one of the three performance categories: Vocal Ensemble, Music Ensemble and Dance;
- Be suitable for an all-ages crowd; and
- Have a group leader who is over the age of 18.
- Artistic excellence; and
- Suitability for the Holiday Celebration, including quality of performance for a large venue, appropriateness for all ages and appropriateness for the programming of a multicultural, multi-denominational program.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Need Help with the Application?
Attend one of the FREE L.A. County Holiday Celebration Application Workshops being held throughout the County to learn more about the process and how to prepare your application materials. All you need to do is RSVP by clicking the link below, or watch our Facebook Live Webinar to learn more:
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE FACEBOOK LIVE WEBINAR AND TO RSVP