We are seeking artists on an ongoing basis to join our performing artist roster. If you are currently working in your discipline, have an interest in sharing your talents with students, and have the flexibility to perform during regular school hours, we encourage you to apply.
Before applying, please review our current artist directory to consider how your proposed program differs from programs already available through The Music Center. It is important to read the descriptions of artists currently on the roster as we do not duplicate programs. In accordance with the Music Center’s standard of excellence, artists should display merit expressed in their art and an effective communication style.
Please note we are not adding theme based (bullying, environment, etc.) or nonperforming arts based (science, drawing, etc.) performances to our roster.
Music Center Education Performing Artist Criteria
- Possess a love and respect for children of all cultures and from all backgrounds.
- Have excellent public speaking skills and feel comfortable simplifying complicated topics for children of all ages.
- Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of the history of the art form and background in the culture.
- Be able to articulate the creative process in, or through, their discipline.
- Be open and receptive to evaluation and the artistic development process.
- Have a working draft for a forty-five minute school-ready presentation prepared.
- Have an online presence and links to video samples demonstrating the performance.
- Have reliable transportation and be able to judge traffic patterns and possible delays to be on time for set-up and performance.
- Have experience working with school age groups.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check, provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 and a TB test.
- Be able to supply a social security number, Tax ID, or proof of authorization to work in the United States.
We will review your application and contact you if we feel you might be a good fit for the roster. We are unable to accept phone calls or email inquiries. Any unsolicited calls or emails received will result in the automatic rejection of your application.