BOX OFFICE INFORMATION
Phone: (213) 628-2772
Tuesday-Saturday: Noon-8 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
The Mark Taper Forum also opened in 1967 and is The Music Center’s most intimate theater. Located between the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and the Ahmanson Theater, the Mark Taper Forum is a circular building, with an exterior drum that is decorated with an intricate relief-sculpture mural and surrounded by two reflecting pools. The “thrust stage” provides seating on three-sides of the performers giving the audience the opportunity to view the performance from a variety of perspectives. It is the ideal stage for intimate dramatic plays and productions by Center Theatre Group.
The Mark Taper Forum underwent a $30 million renovation in 2007/08. All of the building and theatrical systems were replaced with state-of-the-art designs and improved audience amenities while maintaining the structural integrity of the original design.
HOW TO GET TO THE MARK TAPER FORUM
(CENTER THEATRE GROUP)
- Take the stairs, elevator or escalator to the plaza level. Proceed to the Hope Street side of The Music Center campus. Follow wayfinding ushers’ instructions along the construction fence to the theatre.
- From Valet Parking, proceed north along the Hope Street side of the campus. Follow wayfinding ushers’ instructions along the construction fence to the box office and theatre entrance.
Pedestrian Access Routes
- Take the stairs at First Street and Grand Avenue. or Temple Street and Grand Avenue to the plaza level. Follow wayfinding ushers’ instructions to the box offices and/or to the theater theatre entrances.
- The elevator access to the plaza venues is on Grand Avenue.
- Ahmanson guests with tickets in hand may enter on the ground level on Grand Avenue, closer to Temple Street. Wayfinding ushers will guide you to the theatre entrance.
- Hope Street access to all theaters on the Music Center campus is unhindered. Follow directional signage on the construction fence and/or wayfinding ushers’ instructions to theatres or box offices.