Walt Disney Concert Hall Self-Guided Tours
The Music Center offers free self-guided audio tours year-round of The Music Center's iconic Walt Disney Concert Hall. The fully revamped tour takes visitors through the Concert Hall’s history from conception to completion. Narrated by Emmy and Tony Award-winning actor John Lithgow, the tour provides insight from visionary architect Frank Gehry and other key contributors.
We are employing new technology that allows visitors to use their smartphones to follow the tour and hear behind-the-scenes details about the planning, thought and design that went into the construction of this architectural and auditory masterpiece. Visitors who do not have access to a smartphone can check out a Podcatcher, which is available at the Tour Check-In table located in the Concert Hall lobby.
- Tours run daily from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.*
- Tour schedule is subject to change due to performances in Walt Disney Concert Hall. Please check the tour schedule below prior to your visit.
- Tours begin in the Grand Lobby of Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- No reservations are required.
- The last tour of the day is at 2:00 p.m.
- Tours are complimentary.
- For individuals or groups of up to 14 guests.
- Go at your own pace (approximately 60 minutes).
- Photo I.D. required to use the Podcatcher.
- Use of Podcatcher for ages 10 and older.
View the Walt Disney Concert Hall Self-Guided Tour Calendar
In accordance with The Music Center’s vaccination policy, all members of the public who attend performances or events inside The Music Center’s four theatres must show proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of attendance. This includes children under 12. Our full vaccination policy is available here.
- Please stop by the vaccine verification table (staffed by tour ushers) inside the Walt Disney Concert Hall. After checking in and clearing your status, you may proceed to scan in or check out a Podcatcher and begin the tour.