LOS ANGELES (February 8, 2022)— Grand Park sets the mood for celebration this Valentine’s Day by offering safe, easy and affordable suggestions on how to spend quality time with someone special amidst the park’s vibrant outdoor surroundings. From strolling in Grand Park under the stars while enjoying the iconic views of the Downtown Civic Center, to sharing a picnic while listening to a dreamy playlist of popular love songs curated by DJ Maurice de la Falaise, Angelenos can find many ways to make this Valentine’s Day a very special one.
Top Five Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Grand Park
- Enjoy a romantic evening in Grand Park under the glow of the iconic Los Angeles City Hall and Grand Park’s own Arthur J. Will Memorial fountain. The fountain will be lit in red and pink for the occasion.
- Let the little loves of your life frolic and play in the Grand Park splashpad, perfect for hours of water play for all ages.
- Bring your favorite furry friend to the Grand Park dog park to celebrate your puppy love.
- Celebrate “Galentine’s Day” with your BFFs in Grand Park. Picnic with gal pals and spend time catching up with each other like no time has passed.
- Make it a night out this Valentine’s Day with a picnic in Grand Park. Gather friends and loved ones, grab a bite to eat at Cerda Vega Food Truck in Olive Court and spread out on one of park’s spacious green lawns or create a beautiful tablescape on one of the park’s many pink tables that will be decorated with the romantic glow of electric candlelight.
Safety is the number one priority at Grand Park and The Music Center, which promise to provide the best, safest experience possible for all visitors. Working closely with both the State of California and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Grand Park and The Music Center implemented safety guidelines and embraced the highest standards of safety, sanitation and security. Park goers are asked to do their part by washing hands frequently and physically distancing from others at a minimum of six feet. For more information on Grand Park and The Music Center’s commitment to safety, please visit musiccenter.org/safety.
What: Valentine’s Day at Grand Park
When: Monday, February 14, 2022
Park Hours: 5:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m.
Valentine’s Day and Food Truck Hours: 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
Where: Grand Park
200 N. Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Why: Grand Park offers the perfect ambiance for a budget-friendly Valentine’s Day with activities for visitors of all ages. Angelenos are encouraged to bring their friends, loved ones and even furry friends to celebrate safely this holiday.
Situated on the ancestral and sacred land of the Tongva and many other indigenous groups who call these grounds home, The Music Center acknowledges and honors with gratitude the land itself and the First People who have been its steward throughout the generations.
About Grand Park
A vibrant outdoor gathering place, Grand Park is a beautiful public park for the entire community in Los Angeles County. With expansive green space for gatherings large and small, Grand Park celebrates the county’s cultural vitality and is host to community events, cultural experiences, holiday celebrations, and many other activities that engage and attract visitors from all communities. The 12-acre Grand Park stretches from The Music Center on the west to City Hall on the east and is easily accessible by Metro via the B/D (formerly Red/Purple) line to the Civic Center/Grand Park station. The park was named one of American Planning Association’s 10 “Great Public Spaces” in the U.S. for 2013. Working closely with the county, The Music Center is responsible for all operations and programming for the park. For more information, visit grandparkla.org. Follow Grand Park on Instagram, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Spotify and Mixcloud (@grandpark_la) as well as YouTube and Facebook(@grandparkLosAngeles).
# # #