The Music Center's Studio: Creative Futures
About the Program
The Music Center’s Studio: Creative Futures is for high school juniors and seniors who are interested in offstage jobs in the entertainment and performing arts industries. This free four-day program will help you build the power skills you need to succeed in the workplace. Strengthen your people skills, interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence through fun and interactive activities and meet highly regarded industry professionals who will share their advice and career journeys.
Build Your Power Skills
The workshops will combine real-life scenarios, videos, interactive activities along with a collaborative and creative final project all geared to strengthen power skills. Participants receive $250 after completing the 4-day program. We also offer transportation assistance, an alumni community and much more.
What are Power Skills?
- Adaptability skills to support navigating workforce challenges and to be able to respond quickly to unexpected problems or changes.
- Increase Resilience by learning how to handle conflict, stress, and challenging circumstances.
- Develop effective Communication skills to support presentation and interview skills, to have a clear understanding of what work needs to be done to complete a project
- Become Curious. Being a curious employee means you will not only be interested in learning but also solving problems by providing new creative solutions and be open to collaboration.
- Improve Confidence by understanding your value. Learn to share ideas, speak up about concerns and be more satisfied with your work.
- Develop a broad awareness of Career Options in the off-stage jobs in the performing arts and entertainment industries, including entry points and the next steps to following your career path.
Interested in participating?
Check the requirements below to see if you are eligible to participate in Studio: Creative Futures and be to sure to sign up for our upcoming workshops in 2024!
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact Corisa Moreno at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible to apply for Studio: Creative Futures, you must meet the following criteria:
- Current high school junior or senior
- Los Angeles County resident
Participants will be reviewed and selected based on the following selection criteria:
- Ability to complete all 4 days of the program.
- Interest in pursuing or exploring off-stage careers in the performing arts & entertainment industries. (Design, Production, Administration)
- Interest in strengthening power skills.
- Response to the essay question. (‘Essay’ responses will be accepted in any of the following formats; written, spoken, a series of photographs, or video.
Upcoming Workshops & Application
January 2-5, 2024, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Application deadline extended to December 10, 2023! Notifications will be emailed by December 13, 2023.
June 17-21, 2024, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Applications will open April 2, 2024
Let Studio: Creative Futures come to you! Teachers, we can visit your school with a version of the workshops timed to fit into a class period. Students will be introduced to The Music Center, do an exercise to learn about power skills, and have the opportunity to hear from an industry professional about their work and how power skills play a crucial role in workplace success.
If you are in Los Angeles County and are interested in Studio: Creative Futures coming to your classroom, please contact Corisa Moreno at email@example.com.