Applying to Spotlight is easy, but first make sure you are eligible to participate:
- You must be a Southern California high school student who attends a public, private, online or home school. Your home base must be in one of these counties: Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Kern, San Diego, Riverside or San Bernardino.
- You must be an enrolled high school student as of December 31, 2020. You may not be enrolled as a full time college student.
- Dance and Ballet students need to check the category rules page for residency exceptions
- You can apply to one or more of these categories: Acting, Ballet, Dance (formerly known as Non-Classical Dance), Classical Voice, Non-Classical Voice, Classical Instrumental or Jazz Instrumental
- Previous grand prize finalists are not eligible
- Previous participants, Merit, Semifinalists and Honorable Mention awardees are eligible
- You can apply to more than one category; however you will only be allowed to advance to finals in one, determined by which category you advance to the finals first
- You must participate final rehearsals and performance filming if you become a Grand Prize Finalist
- All judges decisions are final
- Complete the online application by October 23, 2020. Get your applications in early so you don't miss out!
- Prepare and upload your audition video (recorded November 2019 - October 2020). Don't get nervous, we are going to make this super easy. If you get stuck along the way, just email us at email@example.com