Executive Assistant to the Senior VP of Advancement
The Music Center’s Advancement department is currently in search of an Executive Assistant to the Senior VP of Advancement.
The Executive Assistant provides senior level administrative and operational support to the Senior Vice President of Advancement.
Works under direct supervision on generally varied, at times task-oriented, and/or project-oriented areas; .demonstrates knowledge of the organization, policies and procedures by making routine administrative decisions and exercising independent judgment. Maintains frequent contact with executive management, internal staff, and various volunteer groups on behalf of the Senior Vice President of Advancement.
Principle responsibilities including but not limited to:
The Executive Administrator is responsible for assisting the Senior Vice President of Advancement in all functional aspects. The position will encompass a variety of tasks including, but not limited to answering calls, scheduling meetings, managing calendar, coordinating travel, planning meetings, edit and proof executive management correspondence and communication, interfacing with the fundraising team and the Board of Directors as well as participating in various ad-hoc projects.
- Maintains Senior Vice President’s calendar, making all necessary changes to ensure that the calendar is accurate and current; also handles the calendar function for the advancement department when assigned and as needed.
- Plans and coordinates all meetings hosted by Senior Vice President, including scheduling, reminders, catering and other logistics, and gathering and developing meeting materials. Takes meeting minutes and prepares them in a timely manner for approval and distribution. Organizes staff development events and activities including holiday parties and staff workshops.
- Schedules meetings and makes travel arrangements for Senior Vice President, handling all logistical issues and may handle same functions for other Advancement staff when assigned and as needed.
- Tracks and monitors status of pending items and follows up (in person, email or phone) as needed.
- Interacts on Senior Vice President's behalf with visiting Board members, donors, prospects, and other VIPs.
- Provides customer service by greeting visitors and directing them appropriately; assists callers and visitors with resolving problems including coordinating for resolution with other staff and departments as necessary.
- Reviews, prioritizes and distributes all incoming correspondence to Senior Vice President as well as general departmental correspondence including Board reports and acknowledgement letters.
- Provides clerical support to Senior Vice President and prepares correspondence, reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Serves as Advancement department administrator by developing and overseeing computer and paper records, filing and reminder systems; coordinates and determines equipment and software needs and ensures maintenance and repair; orders stationery, supplies and equipment; ensures that all office machines are properly supplied; oversees the ordering of kitchen supplies; oversees the collection and processing of weekly employee timecards and leave notices.
- Assists in developing and recommending departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs routine bookkeeping tasks such as reviewing, coding and processing invoices; preparing and processing various accounting documents such as Senior Vice President’s expense report.
- Serves as liaison between Senior Vice President and other department staff communicating information, schedules, assignments, priorities and requests, and serves as a communication link between senior management and executive staff, as well as others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required Skills and Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years administrative and/or project management experience, with experience in a fundraising office considered a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities and communication skills to interact effectively and diplomatically with respect towards all levels of staff including being a good listener; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills; ability to prepare presentations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently as required; ability to take instructions and follow through with instructions.
- Skilled in handling confidential and sensitive situations with discretion, diplomacy and tact.
- Successfully applies basic philosophical guidelines to complex, multi-faceted problems with thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to set and maintain priorities amid fluctuating workload and dynamic priorities.
- Expert level of skills operating personal computer hardware, word processing, spreadsheet and database software and general office equipment.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
Compensation: Dependent on experience; this is a full-time, non-exempt/hourly position.
How to Apply: Interested applicants please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample, plus salary requirements to email: email@example.com or fax (213) 972-0721.