Armed Security Officer
The Music Center, a premier non-profit performing arts organization located in Downton Los Angeles is currently seeking qualified candidates for in-house Armed Security Officer positions. We are the best, looking only for the best.
We currently have full time opportunities on all shifts, however all candidates must be willing to work any and all shifts assigned no exception.
Please read below for further information about our Security Officer opportunities.
$13.00 - $14.25 (Dependent upon Experience & Qualifications)
Early morning (Graveyard) Officers qualify for 7½ % shift differential pay
- Must be eligible to qualify for a California Guard Card
- Must be eligible to qualify for a California Firearm & Baton permits
- The BSIS firearms permit requirements page
- Must be able to qualify for 1st Aid & CPR certifications
- Should have 1-2 years previous security, public safety or customer service experience, or equivalent as determined by the Music Center.
- Candidates must be at least 18 yrs of age and must have a minimum of a High School Diploma and/or GED, or 2-years of successful college level study. (proof of completion is required)
- Must pass an intensive 10-year background check, including DMV and criminal history.
- Must pass a 10-panel chemical screening
Skills & Qualifications:
This is a high profile position; only the best candidates should apply. Position may require running or standing for long periods of time (up to 8 hours per shift). Successful candidates must be in good physical condition. They should be able to work in all environments and on all shifts, including holidays & weekends. Strong professional customer service skills, as well as communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
Full time employees are eligible for the following: Medical, Dental & Vision w/dependent coverage is available. In addition to our 401(k) w/company match. Sick and vacation pay; paid holidays; plus credit union membership.
All on-the-job and all other approved training, plus State recertification fees, are paid by the MusicCenter. Officers additionally receive an annual $500 Uniform Allowance
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to: jobs@MusicCenter.org or fax it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS