PREPARE FOR THE MUSIC CENTER PRESENTS MAX RICHTER’S SLEEP
SLEEP takes the listener on an eight-hour musical journey that pushes the boundaries of post-minimalism and the interplay of music and consciousness. SLEEP is performed live by Max Richter, American Contemporary Music Ensemble and Grace Davidson without any breaks and takes place entirely outdoors in Grand Park. The concert is designed for people to sleep, snooze and slumber, as well as be awake at certain points. There is no one way to experience SLEEP.
Here is some helpful information to help you prepare for your experience.
MAIN PERFORMANCE AREA - SECTIONS A & B ($80 & $60)
- Ticket includes access to the Main Performance Area, in the section/price level you purchased, and a cot.
- Sections in the Main Performance Area are situated within an immersive, multi-channel surround sound environment.
- Your cot will be assigned once your order is received.
- You will receive the location of your cot when you check in on the night of the performance.
- If you purchased multiple tickets within the same section in a single transaction, your cots will be grouped together.
- All cot assignments are final and non-negotiable.
- Children 13 and under are not permitted. Those ages 14-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- On-site Box Office opens at 9:00 p.m.
- Doors open at 9:00 p.m.
- Concert begins promptly at 10:30 p.m.
- Venue doors close at midnight; no latecomers after midnight.
- Concert ends at 6:30 a.m.
WHAT TO BRING
- Arrive wearing comfortable clothing.
- Your cot will not be made up – you should bring a pillow, sleeping bag, duvet or other bedding of your choice.
- No checked items. Please pack lightly. Patrons will be responsible for all items brought to the event.
FOOD & DRINK
- You may bring small snacks and sealed non-alcoholic beverages (no glass containers). No picnics allowed.
- Water will be available at the event.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed in the park and is discouraged as it would affect sleep cycles.
- Available in The Music Center’s Main Parking Garage: Parking is $5 after 8 p.m. Admittance to the event closes at midnight.
- Wheelchair access available.
- The Music Center welcomes all visitors and is committed to making its programs, services and venues accessible to everyone, including service animals. If you are in need of vision, aural or mobility assistance, please contact Guest Services at least 72 hours prior to the event at (213) 972-0777 or TTY (213) 972-7615.
- Restrooms will be available onsite and can be used for changing, but there is no specific changing area. Please come prepared for your overnight experience.
- Children 13 and under are not permitted.
- Those ages 14-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Guests must leave their wristband on for the duration of the event.
- Talking during the concert is discouraged.
- Use of your mobile phone must not disturb the performance. Please shut off your phone or make sure it is in silent mode.
PHOTOS / VIDEO
- Taking of photos or video is allowed.
- Cameras and mobile phones should be used minimally with no sound or flash.
- Professional camera or video equipment is not allowed unless approved by The Music Center media relations team.
- Event safety is top priority. Security will be provided throughout the event.
- Bag checks will be performed upon entry to the event.
- Patrons will be responsible for all items brought to the event.
- All bags will be checked upon entry to event space, please do not bring the following items to this event: Camping equipment / Animals (with the exception of authorized guide dogs) / Coolers / Chairs / Outside Alcoholic Beverages / Selfie Sticks / Glass / Smartboards / Projection Devices / Narcotics / Tents / Firecrackers / Explosives / Sparklers / Firearms / Weapons / Identity-covering costumes / Confetti Cannons / Generators / Drones / Printed Signage Measuring Larger Than 8.5 inches x 11 inches / Props / Flag Poles / Sticks / Aerosol cans / Smoking Paraphernalia / Lighters / Matches / Umbrellas
Prohibited items subject to change.
THE FOLLOWING IS ALSO PROHIBITED AT THIS EVENT
- Public Intoxication / Rollerblading / Skateboarding / Smoking / Vaping / Unauthorized Vending / Unleashed Animals / Smart boarding / Outside Solicitation / Amplified Noise
The Music Center Presents Max Richter’s SLEEP is supported by the Ring-Miscikowski Foundation/The Ring Foundation.