NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By entering The Music Center’s Joni 75: A Birthday Celebration Film Screening Tickets & Norman Seeff Book Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), each entrant (the “Entrant”) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”).
Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 p.m. on February 1, 2019 and ends at 12:00 p.m. on February 5, 2019.
- The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the United States at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry in the Sweepstakes.
- All employees, agents, and contractors of The Music Center (the “Sponsor”) and prize Sponsors (including but not limited to Trafalgar Releasing), as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are NOT eligible to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes.
How to Enter
During the Sweepstakes Period, log onto musiccenter.org/joni and complete an entry form with the required information. All entries must be received before 12:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on February 5, 2019. Limit one entry per person and email address; duplicate entries from the same person or email address will be disqualified. All received entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind.
Each prize winner will receive:
- One (1) copy of Norman Seeff's book Joni: The Joni Mitchell Sessions.
- Two (2) tickets to the film screening of Joni 75: A Birthday Celebration on February 7, 2019. Giveaway tickets may be for one of the following Southern California theatre locations below. Winners may specify a preference for a location. Ticket availability may vary depending on location.
- Alhambra Renaissance 14 & IMAX (ALHAMBRA, CA)
- Aliso Viejo Stm 20 & IMAX (ALISO VIEJO, CA)
- AMC Santa Anita 16 (ARCADIA, CA)
- Studio Movie Grill Bakersfield (BAKERSFIELD, CA)
- Bakersfield Stm 14 (BAKERSFIELD, CA)
- AMC Burbank 16 (BURBANK, CA)
- Harkins Cerritos (CERRITOS, CA)
- Harkins Chino Hills (CHINO HILLS, CA)
- Claremont 5 (CLAREMONT, CA)
- Studio Movie Grill Downey (DOWNEY, CA)
- Irvine Spectrum 21 (IRVINE, CA)
- Cinepolis Laguna (LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA)
- Long Beach Stm 26 & IMAX (LONG BEACH, CA)
- iPic Theaters Westwood (LOS ANGELES, CA)
- Royal Theatre (LOS ANGELES, CA)
- Studio Movie Grill Monrovia (MONROVIA, CA)
- Reading Cal Oaks 17 (MURRIETA, CA)
- NoHo 7 (NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA)
- AMC Norwalk 20 (NORWALK, CA)
- Cinepolis Luxury Cinemas Pacific Palisades (PACIFIC PALISADES, CA)
- iPic Theaters Pasadena (PASADENA, CA)
- Playhouse 7 (PASADENA, CA)
- Cinepolis Pico Rivera (PICO RIVERA, CA)
- Cinepolis Racho Santa Margarita (RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, CA)
- Studio Movie Grill Redlands (REDLANDS, CA)
- AMC Tyler 16 (RIVERSIDE, CA)
- Valencia Stm 12 & IMAX (SANTA CLARITA, CA)
- Monica 4 (SANTA MONICA, CA)
- Studio Movie Grill Simi Valley (SIMI VALLEY, CA)
- Temecula Stm 15 & IMAX (TEMECULA, CA)
- Cinepolis Westlake Village (THOUSAND OAKS, CA)
- AMC Thousand Oaks 14 (THOUSAND OAKS, CA)
- AMC Del Amo 18 (TORRANCE, CA)
- AMC Rolling Hills 20 (TORRANCE, CA)
- AMC Tustin 14 (TUSTIN, CA)
- AMC Universal CityWalk (UNIVERSAL CITY, CA)
- AMC Promenade 16 (WOODLAND HILLS, CA)
Winner Selection and Notification
Five winners will be selected at random from among eligible entrants on February 5, 2019. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winner via email. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within one day from the time Sponsor attempts to contact him/her or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, and an alternate winner may be selected at random. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation the execution of any required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Sweepstakes. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
All prize decisions are final. Only one prize per person. Winners must sign an affidavit and release, and will be responsible for paying any taxes they may owe on a prize.
Release and Disclaimers
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, the prize providers and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, and their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for marketing, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; and (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. If required, affidavits and releases must be signed and returned within 48 hours of the time when Sponsor sends them to the potential winner. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible.
In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. In the event Sponsor does so, Sponsor shall post notice of its action on the Sweepstakes website. In the event Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes prior to the scheduled end date, prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the cancellation.
Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Sweepstakes based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability.
SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING THE PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF PRIZE.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, the Entrant warrants that he or she fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Rules and the decisions of The Music Center, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The SWEEPSTAKES is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase necessary. Winners shall be solely responsible for payment of any taxes owed on prizes received through this contest. Sponsor has the sole right to interpret and apply these Rules as it sees fit, and may adopt, modify or revise the Rules at any time.