The Music Center’s Spotlight program is one of the nation’s most acclaimed performing arts education programs for high school students.
Your gift to Spotlight provides opportunities for teens to embrace their creativity and develop a stronger awareness of how they present themselves as individuals. This free program requires strong support from people like you who understand the importance of promoting the artistic, academic, and professional success of young people.
The Spotlight program:
- Reaches out to public, private, parochial high schools, and arts institutions in seven counties and accepts over 2000 applications a year
- Holds 67 preliminary auditions and seven semifinal auditions for students in the performing arts categories
- Provides feedback to each participant in the form of written summaries from professional artists and educators on the audition panel
- Includes a majority of participants from low- to moderate-income level communities
- Offers 17 performing arts master classes led by professional artists from world-renowned companies such as the LA Phil and New York City Ballet
- Awards significant scholarship funds to finalists, honorable mention, semifinalists, and preliminary students
Learn more about Spotlight Patrons Benefits
Learn more about the Spotlight Program