The Music Center welcomes thousands of students throughout Los Angeles County every year to experience live professional dance performances. Our Student Dance Matinee Program provides students with models of artistic excellence that inspire them to engage with dance and movement, visual storytelling, diverse perspectives and cultures, self-expression and the creative process.
The Music Center thanks generous program sponsors Anita Mann Kohl and Allen D. Kohl for helping make this season's student matinee performances possible.
The Music Center Student Dance Matinee program includes:
- Free admission to a professional dance performance at The Music Center's Dorothy Chandler Pavilion or Ahmanson Theatre followed by a post-show discussion with members of the dance company.
- A mandatory Teacher Orientation Session for every participating teacher to attend prior to the performance to help prepare students have the best possible experience.
- A comprehensive study guide for every participating teacher to share with their students and learn about the dance company, style, choreography, the meaning of the experience and its relevance to their students' own lives.
2018/19 Student Matinees
There are three student dance matinees available for the 2018/19 season.
VIEW AVAILABLE MATINEES
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible to apply?
All schools from within Los Angeles County. Schools outside of LA County will be admitted if space permits.
- How many students can we bring?
You can bring up to 120 students maximum from a school.
- Is there a fee involved in attending the performance?
The performance is FREE, but you will need to pay for your own transportation.
- Can more than one educator from my school apply?
Yes, multiple educators from a school may apply as long as your total does not exceed 120 seats from your school.
- Are all educators required to attend the Teacher Orientation Session?
Only the educators that applied to bring students to the performance are required to attend the workshop.