ACCESS SERVICE FOR OUR PATRONS
The Music Center welcomes all visitors and is committed to making its programs, services and facilities accessible to everyone, including service animals.
- Audio Description is carefully timed narration of onstage action broadcast via an inconspicuous FM receiver and is available at select Ahmanson Theatre performances. Audio described performances are offered simultaneously with Project D.A.T.E (Direct Access Theatre Experience) performances. Headset are available free of charge. Please call (213) 628-2772.
- Large print programs may be available for performances. Please call the Access Line at (213) 972-0777 in advance to request accommodations. A 24- hour advanced notice is most appreciated.
- Binoculars are available at most performances for a nominal fee.
- Assistive listening devices such as Sennheiser Infrared System headsets are available free of charge for performances in the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and the Walt Disney Concert Hall. To request these assistive listening devices, please see a lobby attendant at these theaters.
- Center Theatre Group (performances in the Ahmanson Theatre and the Mark Taper Forum) offers special services for the deaf and hard of hearing communities. Project D.A.T.E. (Direct Access Theatre Experience) presents pre-play discussions and sign language interpreted performances for audience members who are deaf or have hearing loss at select performances. Both theaters utilize the Phonic Ear FM system. Headsets are available free of charge in the lobbies of the theatres. American Sign Language Interpreted performances and open captioned performances may be available. Please check the Center Theatre Group website for more information.
- Tele Typewriter Devise for the Deaf (323) 850-2040 (Walt Disney Concert Hall)
TELE TYPEWRITER DEVISE FOR THE DEAF (TTY)
- TTY (213) 972-7615 (Dorothy Chandler Pavilion)
- TTY (213) 680-4017 (Ahmanson Theatre and Mark Taper Forum)
- TTY 323.850.2040 (Walt Disney Concert Hall)
- Wheelchair transport from The Music Center curbside locations to theaters is available for patrons. Call The Music Center's Guest Services department at (213)972-0777 in advance to reserve pick up. It is recommended that a 24 hour notice be given when reserving wheelchair transport. This service is available only for transport from curbside to theaters.
- Accessible seating and restrooms are available in all four theatres as well as ramps and elevators in all public areas on The Music Center.
- Wheelchair seating for persons using wheelchairs or persons with mobility impairments and their attendants or companions is available. Seating locations for patrons in wheelchairs are available in the orchestra and third level (loge) of the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and on all levels of the Ahmanson Theatre and the Walt Disney Concert Hall. In the Mark Taper Forum seating is accessible by means of a platform lift and/or elevator. Aisle seats may also be requested in any theater. Please refer to individual program or resident company Audience Services departments for more information on seating for your specific performance: Center Theatre Group at (213)628-2772, Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at The Music Center at (213) 972-0711, LA Master Chorale at (213)972-7282, LA Opera at (213)972-8001, LA Phil at (323)850-2000.
- Fully accessible restrooms are available in each theater and on The Music Center Plaza. Plaza restrooms are located on the Grand Avenue side of The Plaza next to the Mark Taper Forum.
- Parking Lot escalators and elevators from The Music Center Garage are located underneath the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion on the Grand Avenue side. Two escalators are located at the center of the garage on the Grand Avenue side leading up to the fountain area. A third escalator is located near the Ahmanson Theatre on the Hope Street side of The Plaza. The escalators are programmed to move up prior to curtain and down starting at intermission. Escalators and elevators are also available in the Walt Disney Concert Hall garage.
- Tours of the Walt Disney Concert Hall are fully accessible. Tours include three levels of the hall, garden and aerial pathway. Floor materials are a combination of carpeting, travertine and wood and visitors can transition to areas using ramps and elevators.
- Audio tour wands may be used with headsets for maximum listening ability. All wands are equipped with adjustable volume controls as well as wrist straps for easy use. The audio tour script is also available in large print upon advance request.
The Music Center welcomes comments and suggestions about how we might continue to improve our programs and facilities for visitors with disabilities. Please contact us by telephone or email, or write to us.
135 North Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Attn: Access Services
Phone: (213) 972-7211
TTY (Tele Typewriter Device for the Deaf): (213) 972-7615
If you have questions or would like to receive additional information please contact us. If you require an accommodation not mentioned, need more information about ADA, venue amenities, and specific theater policies, please call our access line at (213) 972-0777 or TTY (213) 972-7615.