IT ALL STARTS WITH TEACHERS
We help teachers integrate the arts as part of their ongoing practice, providing opportunities for support from and partnership with teaching artists, specialists and peers.
OUR APPROACH TO PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- PARTICIPATION & AWARENESS
- Participate in hands-on arts learning to deepen interest and understanding of the power of quality arts education.
- REFLECTIVE LEARNING
- Experience the arts as a hands-on, active learner to acquire knowledge and skill in an art form and reflect on the nature of learning in and through the arts.
- FACILITATION of STUDENT LEARNING
- Gain the core knowledge, skill, competence and confidence to facilitate student arts learning on your own.
- COLLABORATION & PARTNERSHIP
- Realize model arts instruction in your own classroom, collaborating with an arts specialist and/or Music Center teaching artist.
- OWNERSHIP OF CLASSROOM ARTS INSTRUCTION
- Develop classroom and grade level curriculum connections to integrate arts content and learning as part of your regular instruction.
CUSTOMIZED PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
- 4-hour workshops with groups of up to 40 classroom teachers
Based on specific school and district priorities, the Music Center can provide one or more sessions to introduce teachers to the elements of quality arts integration and model application of techniques in one or more arts discipline.
- Classroom Support from Teaching Artists
Once teachers receive professional development, Music Center teaching artists are available to provide classroom support, modeling effective practices and providing feedback to teachers. Learn more ›
- Free Artsource® Curriculum Units
Professional development workshops are available to prepare teachers to utilize the Music Center’s comprehensive library of instructional resources about great artists and works of art. Learn more ›
- Summer Institute for Educators
Since 1981 thousands of teachers have experienced the transformative power of the Music Center’s Institute for Educators. Teachers experience model lessons inspired by great works of art and prepare to bring these powerful arts learning opportunities to their students. Learn more ›