Our 2016 application is now closed. If you would like to receive updates on our 2017 application (which opens in Spring 2016), or The Spotlight Academy (September 25), please click the button below.
Visit this page on May 10 for a complete list and details about our 2016 Spotlight finalists.
Spotlight announces our 2016 SEMIFINALISTS! Congratulations to the 111 Southern California High School Artists!
- All Preliminary 1 (First Round) auditions will now be online video submissions through GetAcceptd
- Preliminary 2 and Semifinal rounds will be held through live auditions
- Spotlight Semifinalists and Honorable Mentions from the previous year will automatically bypass Preliminary 1 and advance to Preliminary 2 auditions
- Our new Category Rules pages are posted: see left menu
Southern California High School students of ALL talent levels are encouraged to apply for FREE. Much more than a competition, Spotlight is a scholarship and training program, which encourages personal and artistic growth, while exploring new possibilities in the arts! Cash SCHOLARSHIPS up to $5,000, MASTER CLASSES with world renowned artists, WORKSHOPS, and more! Take a chance on yourself and apply!
The Spotlight categories are acting, ballet, classical instrumental, classical voice, jazz instrumental, non-classical dance, non-classical voice
Why you should apply:
The mission of The Music Center’s Spotlight program is to provide a supportive environment in which high school students can develop the skills needed to pursue their artistic dreams, with an emphasis on self-esteem, preparation and perseverance. Whether or not you pursue a career onstage, offstage or something outside of the arts, Spotlight can help you explore your professional goals and increase your confidence. Our alumni are dancing with the world’s best dance companies, performing with top orchestras, jamming in the leading jazz clubs, singing in the leading opera houses, and starring on Broadway. In addition, they are top executives behind the scenes in arts schools, institutions and businesses.
By applying to Spotlight you are eligible for:
- Participation in The Spotlight Academy
- Written feedback from our distinguished panel of judges
- Master class with world-renowned artist or artistic director
- Live audition experience and performance at Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Cash awards of up to $5,000
- Finalists in Classical Voice and Classical Instrumental are awarded scholarships to the Aspen Music Festival in 2017
- A chance to bypass the preliminary round of YoungArts
- Certificate of Achievement
- Grand Prize Finalists’ high schools' receive an award plaque
Questions about the application? Email them to email@example.com.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org