NEW: Upload Preliminary 1 Auditions online!
Spotlight 2016 applications will be available online in late July 2015.
- All Preliminary 1 auditions will now be online video submissions through GetAcceptd
- Preliminary 2 and Semifinal rounds will be held through live auditions
- Spotlight Semifinalists and Honorable Mentions from the previous year will automatically bypass Preliminary 1 and advance to Preliminary 2 auditions
- Check back soon for more information and how-to tutorials
Southern California High School students of ALL talent levels are encouraged to apply for FREE. Much more than a competition, Spotlight is a scholarship and training program, which encourages personal and artistic growth, while exploring new possibilities in the arts! Cash SCHOLARSHIPS up to $5,000, MASTER CLASSES with world renowned artists, WORKSHOPS, and more! Take a chance on yourself and apply!
The Spotlight categories are acting, ballet, classical instrumental, classical voice, jazz instrumental, non-classical dance, non-classical voice
Why you should apply:
The mission of The Music Center’s Spotlight program is to provide a supportive environment in which high school students can develop the skills needed to pursue their artistic dreams, with an emphasis on self-esteem, preparation and perseverance. Whether or not you pursue a career onstage, offstage or something outside of the arts, Spotlight can help you explore your professional goals and increase your confidence. Our alumni are dancing with the world’s best dance companies, performing with top orchestras, jamming in the leading jazz clubs, singing in the leading opera houses, and starring on Broadway. In addition, they are top executives behind the scenes in arts schools, institutions and businesses.
By applying to Spotlight you are eligible for:
- Participation in The Spotlight Academy
- Written feedback from our distinguished panel of judges
- Master class with world-renowned artist or artistic director
- Live audition experience and performance at The Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Cash awards of up to $5,000
- A chance to bypass the preliminary round of YoungArts
- Certificate of Achievement
- Grand Prize Finalists’ high schools' receive an award plaque
Questions about the application? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us at email@example.com